If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Souper's "other" drawings  (Read 16901 times)

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
Souper's "other" drawings
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »
well I had a trawl through my organised art folders to find stuff that I didnt post in MR. maybe a little overlap but I think this is it.

I can't use/view spoiler tags? thats a bit of a pain for sketch dumping but oh well (this'll be a loooong post)

In order of chronology, but separated by copied/gesture, original sketch and original finished/mostly finished.

Some copies from life, but often copies from manga because its more simple
Either seconds or minutes are often written above the drawings for how long it took.
Sorry for the compression on the images :/

Gesture/Copies

Spoiler

Original Sketches

Spoiler

Finished/Good Original Drawings
Some are mixed in with my normal Sketch pages

Spoiler
Probably the only time I have ever drawn a pose sheet (and consequently never actually used for putting clothes on):

Loved drawing this one

Well, thats all for now but I will invariably post again :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:38:32 AM by Cup-a-soup »
エッチワールドのいいとこは日本語を入力できること。
My Art

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Souper's "other" drawings
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:10:44 AM »
Looks like you've started up that fashion division that Lego was alluding to, lmao.

Yeah spoiler tags here appear to have some restriction and we (read: Kakashi) can't figure out where it is to fix it. I don't think it's a huge deal for the time being, though.

As for as the darker skin tone you were going for on the belly dancer, I think it might be too...green, maybe? It could definitely benefit from being warmer. Depending on your program, you can play around with the color balancer and see if you can add a little orange over it.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
I should have known there was a fashion division :P
colourwise ahhhh I will have a see. I think the main colour I used was a dark orange, so brown, but I might have slipped towards green at some point without realizing it.
My Art

Offline Zzax Cev

• Zzxcv bot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:14:35 PM »
I'll probably be doing a critique tomorrow or the next day but for now I'll leave you with a youtube video about drawing darker skin (i haven't drawn dark skin too much either).

https://youtu.be/j0-w6-IfmCo
Who am I?
Critiques are meant for people to improve their future works so they won't make the same mistake again.
Come here for critiques or send me a PM

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »
thanks a bunch. Most of the drawings are old(er), but feel free to critique away, since they are still what I consider my "best".
My Art

Offline Last

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
Scrolling through that felt like being in a lingerie storm for a little while there   :P

Yeah, no spoilers here. We see everything like the leering monsters were are.

Offline Kakashi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pen Tablets
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »
Good stuff to use as reference. I ll share this in our social media profiles along with a link to this thread. ))

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 02:07:01 AM »
@last haha thanks :P

@kakashi thanks! great! i think @_@ (what social media profile, we have one of them?)
My Art

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 04:33:56 AM »
These are really good souper! I really like the belly dancer character. The only thing I can really critique about it is that the character appears somewhat flat and noodly. There is a lack of form and texture to the skin around the pelvis area where some overlap would be happening given her pose. The position of the shoulders could also be adjusted a bit, but otherwise I think you nailed that exotic feel. It's a very cute drawing!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 05:45:37 AM »
Sorry if I was vague, just to clarify what I mean

See the hip area on the right? Yours is very very gradual which is what confused me a bit when I saw it, that is one area I think can be improved. The other thing is a bit nit picky but I think defining the curves a bit can make the form feel a little fuller. It's a rather tricky pose honestly, I THINK there is a bit of a twist going on with the way the hips are swaying. Either way I still like it, sorry if I cam across as nit picky!

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 04:40:22 PM »
@devola yeah I sort of understood what you meant, but many thanks for the traceover, I appreciate it. I think I was so focused on the accessories which were a new thing for me that I lost the focus on the pose :P When I drew it i did notice that she didnt have too much of a waist, but I thought well not everyone is a supermodel and moved on without much thought @_@ same for the larger legs. the shading didn't help the feeling flat.....

Since she was someone I enjoyed drawing I will definitely do it again, hopefully tune up the body for next time too :P

but there is no such thing as too nit picky. I aim at perfection, and one day (with everyones help I'm sure) I will reach it :P
My Art

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
Don't drive yourself too crazy with that. But, you certainly put in a lot of mileage towards it, so you're getting somewhere towards something, in any case.

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
haha no I mean no matter how small, if theres something wrong, point it out :P
that sort of sounded kinda more arrogant than I intended lol
My Art

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 05:13:01 PM »
picked some more OLD ones out from my tablet drawings, which I have in a different folder.

I swear this did not start out as a dakimakura design. I was focused on the face and hands so much I ran out of ideas for everything else and it just happened :P
Also, 3 whole years ago???? seriously what have I been doing with my life and art......

critique if you want, but seriously old artworks so meh
not that I could do any better now though T_T
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 05:13:40 PM by Cup-a-soup »
My Art

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
Honestly though I've been trying to convince myself to get a job so that I can afford a dakimakura. I have a body pillow and everything. It needs a nice cover. And--next time I would have to come home to Mom and her crazy antics--lewd anime chick to freak people out.

Thanks for sharing even the old stuff. Haha, I don't think even I'm brave enough to find some of the lewd stuff I drew in middle/high school. It wasn't great, I can tell you that.