If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ecchiverse: Reset  (Read 1868 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ecchiverse: Reset
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2018, 12:02:32 AM »
I know it all flies by when you're reading it. It just doesn't quite fly by when you take forever writing it, lol.

And my daily streak is broken. I probably can't write tonight due to some stuff from today. I'll see what I can do tomorrow/Wednesday as I prepare for a con trip starting Thursday.

Besides, I did kinda post two chapters in one day once. I'm still technically on the ball.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline Froneezy

• I'm just here for Lewd-Tan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
Oh yeah... This got saucy real quick.

Unfortunately, since my moral compass is pretty much broken I enjoyed the schoolgirl segment way more than I should have. Definitely a highlight.

I was thinking to myself during the  Tachi scene, “Is she going there? Naw she ain’t going there. Mahlua ain’t crazy. She would never-“

And then you freaking went there haha!

Are you planning make yourself a tan, Mahlua? I’m onto whatever the hell you're scheming. Still interesting nonetheless.

Love where this is going so far! Can’t wait to see more!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
Only thing that soothes me about that scene is that I'm still only 20 and a third year/senior in Japanese style high schools would be about 17, possibly even 18 if this takes place later in the school year. It's dubious af and it really does make my stomach unsettle, but there is a possibility that it's not actually morally horrible.
Still a high schooler though and that's enough to make me stamp a big red NOPE all up on that. Clearly in an IRL situation my response would be a lot different, and I don't foresee any "getting trapped in a dimension with questionable ways out" situations in my near future.

Not so much a Tan, but rather more like the Twin's b*tch I mean secretary or errand runner.

Hopefully now that things have calmed down on the personal front, I might be able to get a chapter written today.

Offline Froneezy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »
I can see why you may feel that way. I agree with you of course, but seeing how I grew up in a environment where age is literally nothing but a number to a lot of people, I guess you can say I’m a bit numb or not as morally sensitive to the idea for lack of a better term.

It’s one of those, “hey, I’ve seen and heard worse, and unfortunately it’s a little common” kind of cases with me. Again, Moral compass does not function properly.

But that’s off subject. I totally missed the big deal with the cutting off the bridge between MR and Ecchi World. It makes sense to me now that it would take more of an added effort to get to the place. Figured we just take a bus and train, but i guess not lol.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 12:16:17 AM »
Ayo whaddup I'm only a little behind schedule but there is now a chapter that somewhat resembles a chapter. Sorry the writing in this one is crap. I'm not going to try to cover up the fact that this chapter is crap. I'm going through some weird personal stuff and really want to get this plot on a roll, so I figure what's one crappy chapter, eh?

Chapter 9
Mahlua started at the sound of the intruder, and her arm flew to cover her chest. Across the steam, a shadowy figure sat, arms stretched over the side of the bath. The Master’s silhouette was unmistakable.

“My apologies,” he said, “I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“People do tend to be startled when someone shows up unannounced at a bath,” Mahlua grumbled.

“Strange,” the Master said, scratching his chin. “I am everywhere in my mansion at all times.” Mahlua thought back to the presence she felt in the dining room that morning and nodded, jaw set tightly. He continued with a wave of his hand. “In any case, your trial will be over when we meet for breakfast tomorrow morning. I figured it only polite of me to check in. Now, back to my original question: have you been enjoying your stay with us?”

Mahlua forced herself to relax. He had made no move to harm her, as far as she could tell. “Yes. Your servants are quite skilled in attending to my requests, even before I verbally express them,” she said.

“I see. In that case, don’t be afraid of asking for a little more,” the Master said. Even with the thick steam separating the two, Mahlua could feel his smugness across the bath.

“I’ll not shame them, if that’s what you mean. Surely they have other matters to attend to,” she replied coolly.

“We shall see,” he said. His laughter echoed in the bath, even as his silhouette disappeared.

Once again, Mahlua dunked herself under the water and held herself there, shaking off the tension of the recent events. The Master’s last words rung in her ears and churned her stomach. She couldn’t tell anymore just how this level was supposed to operate. Her frustration lost out eventually to the clawing sensation in her lungs as the witch was forced to come back up for air. Not long after she let the sweet taste fill her, she went back under, and kept going back and forth until her mind started to clear of any and all bizarre questions and images. She grounded herself and focused on the immediateness of time and her surroundings relative to the elements in her body. The functions in this reality had shaken her balance and perspective, but once she felt more properly aligned, she rose from the water and stood upright, focusing on her breath.

Finally calm, she carefully took towels from the cabinet and dried herself, then put on her clothes. The air seemed to have freshened them, despite the wear they had taken from sparring and the previous level’s battle.

---

Outside the bathroom, Norberta waited for the guest. “Lunch is ready for you,” she said with a small bow.

“Thank you,” Mahlua said as she followed the maid back down to the dining room. A beautiful gourmet sandwich with fancy cheese she probably couldn’t pronounce the name of sat waiting for her at her seat. Part of her wanted to make a Fr E Sh A Voca Do joke, but she figured that such base humor was out of place.

---

After another fantastic meal, Mahlua made to return to her room. Along the way, she saw Nori, who was standing on a ladder to clean a light fixture higher up on the wall. Of course, as she passed, Mahlua noticed the ladder wobble slightly. Without question, she immediately gripped the ladder by both sides and steadied it with her weight, earning a confused sound from above. Nori glanced over her shoulder, eyebrows scrunched together.

Mahlua released the ladder and backed away. “Sorry,” she said, “It just looked unsteady.”

Nori turned and crossed her arms, and her lips pursed and twisted to the side of her face to form a look of discontent.

It struck Mahlua then that the small act of kindness carried different weight here. Clearly, she had interrupted and made the maid feel incompetent in her task. She wondered if that counted for or against her in the grand scheme of things. If Nori’s hard eyes were any indication, the answer seemed to be “against”.

“Sorry,” she said again, rubbing the back of her neck as she looked away.

“You’re not used to having help, are you?” Nori asked, not intrusively, but not quite subtly either.

“No,” Mahlua said, “More like I tend to be the help for others.”

“You’re not here for yourself, then, I presume?” Nori pressed, stepping off the ladder.

“No, I’m not,” Mahlua admitted. “I was sent on this mission by the Ecchi Twins themselves. It seems they want to test my abilities.”

“If I may speak openly?”

Mahlua blinked. She had forgotten that often times servants were not permitted to give their opinion on personal affairs. “You may,” she said.

“That seems like an awfully strange way to go about it, even…no, especially for the Twins.” Nori took a step closer.

“How so?” Mahlua asked as she took a step back and leaned against the wall.

“Now, this may be only my meager observations from your battle with Schoolgirl and your limited time here, but something about you just doesn’t seem to fit. I fear that the higher levels may give you grief for it, much like Schoolgirl did,” Nori explained.

Mahlua licked her lips and bit them in thought. “In what way do I not fit in?” she asked, choosing her words carefully.

Nori put a finger to her lips and gazed at the ceiling. “Hmm…You’re both perverse and not. Usually the ones Fortune favors here are one or the other, and they have different advantages over certain challenges. You seem to work in the reverse of what’s expected. When you have been expected to press, you have not, and when you have been expected to deny, you press. It’s rather difficult to get a read on your intentions because you are both genuinely kind and…” The maid trailed off and turned her attention to her shoes, a faint blush creeping up her neck.

“Genuinely kind of a freak?” Mahlua offered.

“That’s certainly one way to put it,” Nori said. The maid cleared her throat and turned her attention back to the light fixture. “I think that will be all I can say for the time being. Please enjoy your stay.” She gave a small bow and returned up the ladder.

Mahlua thought about asking her another question, but pressed her lips together and started back to her room instead.

Once inside, she sat by her bag at the foot of the bed and examined the instruments and tools she brought with her for the adventure. Her weapons sat nearby. They all seemed pretty useless here. This was a giant mind game, she realized. Among her belongings, the witch fished out her hematite ring and put it on. With it, she sat with her back upright against the bedpost. At the very least if things were going to be a mind game, she could meditate between events and keep her head screwed on as straight as possible. She focused on the weight of the hematite on her finger and emptied her thoughts into it.

Around her, the physical connection between her body and the room faded. She turned her focus inward and assessed the situation internally.

---

With her mind clear and her energy successfully grounded with the hematite, Mahlua entered her mental landscape. A familiar lake spread before her, littered with small islands. The clay seemed to squish beneath her as she sat, smelling the earth and nearly clear skies and muddy, fishy waters. The sensations were present, but only vaguely, like the phantom sensations in a dream. The witch focused on her breath and let thoughts come and pass as they would, scanning them for anything of importance.

Finally, from somewhere in the murky water, a thought came to her. It may be entirely possible to ask one of the Ecchi Twins directly what their plans were for her, if she could reach meditative state even within Ecchi Tower. Mahlua allowed this thought and those connected with it to step closer, turning all others down into a dull murmur, even that one annoying song that gets stuck in your head and never leaves no matter what you do. The thought reminded her of its important origin: she felt the need for assistance, a need to understand her situation in order to find resolution. Such thoughts came with it as it began to take human form.

The vague silhouette handed Mahlua a chain of other thoughts and memories that connected the witch’s heart to the twin goddesses in question. Mahlua took the chain and focused deeply on it, feeling the emotions rise and fall as the memories that made up each link played on loop. The memory figure nodded and receded back into the lake.

Mahlua began to piece together what she would say to the Twins, should she be able to reach them. She had made it to the second level, and one of the guardians of the tower had given her more information regarding the mission. She would ask the Twins what had been meant by her actions being the reverse of the expectations.

The presence of the divine caused the hieroglyphs under her skin to illuminate with violet energy as she continued to follow her connection to the Twins, until finally…

---

Night had fallen over EcchiWorld. Pale moonlight illuminated the temple gardens as night blooming plants opened themselves. Ecchi-tan always loved watching them unfurl, but tonight, something nagged at the back of her mind. At first she thought they might have been intrusive thoughts, but being a Tan and not being entirely susceptible to symptoms of mental illness, the conclusion was a non sequitur. It wasn’t until she distinctly made out Mahlua’s voice that she realized what was happening.

“Are you seriously telepathically contacting me from the Tower right now? Like, is that a legit thing you figured out how to do?”

Offline Froneezy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »
Ah finally! Was waiting on this.

Enjoyed this chapter a lot. I doubt the twins would just straight up give away the blueprint of the mission (cause this is more so a test right? I would imagine they would keep her a bit more in the dark to get a genuine grasp of what’s she’s capable of), but hey anything can happen in this story, so I’ll wait and see what happens.

Looking forward to more of this sauciness!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 09:19:32 PM »
We'll find out soon enough. So much of this is flying from the seat of my pants. I guess I'm still stalling until I figure out how to approach and tackle the next two levels. I know what I'm doing for the fifth level aND RUBIX CAN KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT ABOUT IT. Sixth and Seventh are still giant question marks to me.

Looks like this one is going to wind up being like, twenty chapters at least. Hhhhhhh, I didn't sign up for this, but at the same time, I'm not particularly complaining for the work.

Someone hire me to write maybe?

Offline rubixmaestro

• Grand Supremer of The Voyeur Corps
  • Global Moderator
  • Mellorine ~ !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »
Yesssssss, feel the need, feel the burn. That way I can shamelessly enjoy more ecchi fiction without needing to lift a finger.

Hey I have no idea what's on the 5th level. Last ecchi tower I checked out had a hell of a lot more and I didn't even make it that far - wait my brother lego didn't make it that far - *cough*

Solid writing. The astral projection paragraph in particular was my favourite. Also... Mahlua helping on the ladder bit... A very, very important question....

Did she see her panties?
real life has sexy graphics

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »
Maid skirts and aprons are rather long, and if a petticoat is involved, it would require effort to find them. But that's using normal people logic. This is an ecchi series, after all. They were grey with a darker grey lace lining.

Offline Last

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 09:41:50 PM »
I would argue that signing up for it is exactly what you did, but I digress.

I guess you're astrally projecting from a physical place somewhere, even if reality is a little twisted. There's going to be a path back somewhere.

Neat how the master is sort of omnipotent in the house, although I suppose that means that he knows exactly what the maids are doing at all times already, and wouldn't have to ask you how they were doing  :-\

@Rubix: Your mistake was playing by the rules it seems. No barrier created by the site should even be a distraction to a Mod whose mind is set on their goal. Perhaps you simply lacked the resolve?

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 10:01:08 PM »
The Master's question was less about them and more about Mahlua's responses. It was a kind of conversation tester. Don't worry. He still has one very important task left for them.

To better explain, I was mirroring a kind of "happy place" that I often find myself in when I'm in a dream state. My "dreamscape" as it were is populated with vast expanses of freshwater and marshy but thick woods, even on the tiny islands scattered between bigger expanses of land. I try to connect to it when I meditate because it feels the most "home". I'll explain some more mechanics in the next chapter, which may come out in the wee hours of the morning today/tomorrow however you wanna put it.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2018, 10:15:16 PM »
Eh, I considered adding another scene to this one, but I figure it might make a better beginning to the next chapter than an end of this one. I had to think on it for about a day and a half before I came to that conclusion though. I'm also thinking about picking up another project, and I'm still not sure if that's also going to be an EcchiWorld exclusive story or not. Since most of my fanfics wind up with smut later, I could simulpost it like I did with the Panty Raid a couple of years ago with the more suggestive chapters being exclusive here, but I don't wanna make things too complicated.

Ignore my rambles; they're better suited for my Plots thread. Anyway, long time coming. It's been a week. Here you go.

Chapter 10:
A tug on the other end of the memory chain filled the meditative space with Ecchi-Tan’s presence. Her words rang out sharply in annoyance.

“To be fair,” Mahlua said, “I didn’t exactly expect this to work either, with how this place is surrounded by layers of reality-distorting shields. I just applied the principles of godphoning, which, now that you’re a goddess, appears to work.”

Although the witch couldn’t physically see the goddess, she could feel Ecchi-tan purse her lips with a look between skepticism and amusement. She figured she might as well continue with her report.

“I’ve made it to the second level of the Tower. The apparent guardian of this level has explained a few things to me, and I’m left with some questions I think you may be best fit to answer,” Mahlua explained.

“You already made it to the second level? That was fast,” Ecchi-tan said.

“Yes. The first guardian decided fairly quickly that she didn’t like me. We settled that on the battlefield.”

The feeling of amusement in the air thickened. “I don’t see why you feel the need to ask any questions, then,” Ecchi-tan said. “Sounds like you’ve got this under control.”

“One of the guardians of this level spoke with me briefly and said something that confuses me,” Mahlua said. “That I’m the reverse of what is expected here in the Tower and its challenges. As the embodiment and newly appointed goddess of your namesake, I feel it only appropriate to ask you for clarity.”

Ecchi-tan paused. Mahlua could feel her searching for words.

“To be perfectly honest,” Ecchi-tan said, finally. “This whole test is designed to figure that out. It’s been clear from the beginning of your adventures that you bear elements of Ecchiness within you, but I’ve been wondering for a long time now if it’s enough, or too much. It’s not like it’s the world to you, but it’s very much a part of your life. One foot in, one foot out, in a way. At the very least, through this test, we’ll be able to figure out in what ways that is true.”

“So what you’re saying is that you don’t really know either,” Mahlua said flatly.

“Think of it as more of that we know enough to want to know more,” Ecchi-tan said, amusement thickening the air again. “Your decisions here will solidify things, like the choices in an RPG. Now, hop to it. You can’t show us what you’ve got if you distract yourself from the matters at hand.”

And suddenly, the connection broke, leaving Mahlua a little dizzy with the sudden shift in atmosphere. She focused on the hematite ring’s weight on her finger and eventually the room came into view, all the sensations swirling along with it. It was hard to tell how much time had passed, what with time being relative in the Tower. She stood up for a stretch.

Dim light filtered through the window by the bed, signaling the approach of dusk. Mahlua, not having anything else to do, followed the steps she took earlier that day to reach the courtyard. Along the way, she noted a distinct lack of the maids. It put her on edge, until she figured that they were probably cooking dinner.

---

Outside, a thick humidity hung in the air as fireflies began their lazy dance. Dark clouds loomed on the horizon, over which the sun sank, dying everything in hues of greys and blues. There was a small gazebo by the entrance to a garden. Mahlua decided to sit there, absorbing the feel of her favorite time of day. If a thunderstorm hit later that night like the heavy scent teased, all the better. With each deep breath, the smell of distant rain soothed nerves Mahlua didn’t even realize were tense. She rested her arms on the backrest behind her, crossed her legs, and arched back, just feeling.

Light greys and subtle blues gave way to deep purples and dark shadows as the sun continued to sink. Eventually, the flicker of the fireflies thinned, and they dispersed.

One of the maids approached from the mansion. Mahlua could sense her coming before she bothered to look. “Is dinner ready?” she asked, eyes still resting where the sun disappeared what only felt like minutes ago.

“Yes,” the maid replied. Nora, by the sound of it.

Mahlua rose slowly from her seat. In the dim remnants of light from the stars, she could make out the maid standing by the entrance to the gazebo.

“I think after dinner, unless it begins raining heavily, I would like to have a walk through the garden,” Mahlua said as she turned to exit.

“That sounds very like you,” Nora said, following the guest back to the mansion.

Mahlua smiled tiredly. “It’s the witch thing, isn’t it?”

“Yes and no. You are a witch, and that does give you a higher association with nature, yes, but you are also a romantic,” Nora explained.

“I do appreciate the Romantic era of literature,” Mahlua said with a nod.

“I mean…” the maid paused and stopped in her step.

Mahlua stopped and turned to face her. “Yes?” she pressed, and then added, “You may speak freely with me.”

Nora let out a slow, deep breath. It did not give off the impression of relief or agitation. It looked rather elegant, all things considered. “I mean that you often find the beauty in the simple things. You had expected more fighting to take place, and after finally relaxing, someone like you would of course like to stop and smell the roses. You may be here on a mission, but that doesn’t mean much. On one hand, you are easily shaken to the core, but on the other, you are also easily soothed by beautiful things.”

Mahlua’s ears grew hot. She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. “I’d say that’s a pretty fair assessment of me.” The word unfortunately came to mind, but she did not voice it.

Nora resumed walking and made to open the door for her guest first. She gave a small bow and said nothing further.

---

Dinner was just as fantastic as the other meals, but Mahlua found it difficult to focus on. Restlessness had settled in. She could never stand being comfortable for too long. Instead, her mind zeroed in on the walk through the garden and the eventuality of sleep. The weight of however long it had been since she left for the mission and how much further she had to go kicked in. Even so, the food refreshed her.

After she finished as much as she could stomach, the witch rose from her meal and headed back outside. The air hung a little heavier with a faint mist, likely carried over from the rain she felt earlier. She invited the energy in, although she could do without the chill. It made her wonder why exactly she bothered. An instinct seemed to nag at her, so she had to sate her curiosity.

Modest hedge walls protected the flower garden, aesthetically arranged to follow a brick-lain path. From the outside, it was impossible to notice, but from the inside, Mahlua recognized the organization immediately. Of course it would be a walking labyrinth—different from the type she dealt with before the tower. There would only be one entrance and one exit, with a small space at the center for meditation. With a deep breath, she began the walk.

The scent of night blooming flowers and the lingering buds of the day comforted and cleansed Mahlua as she walked. She let the circle do its work, although she kept careful note of which flower arrangements she let capture her focus. She did not want a repeat of the bath incident. Her steps continued without the need to think, and by the time she reached the center, trance was imminent.

Mahlua sat to rest on one of the benches at the center of the walking labyrinth. With her mind effectively empty, she set her mind to the future challenges. There was no guarantee that she would have time like this again, so she centered and drew in what peace she could, although she did not know how much good that would do in a dimension where reality could warp at will. This was but a small reprise.

Just as she finally felt ready to rise again, a low rumble of thunder shook the sky. The witch smiled broadly and stood up. Whatever lightning had struck had charged the air enough to faintly smell of tropospheric ozone. It was as if the universe wanted to give her one last pat on the back as a push forward. Mahlua gave a small nod and headed out of the walking labyrinth, letting her feet follow the winding, cyclical path.

---

A/N: Sorry to make y'all wait a week for nothin but filler, lmao. (Edit: Oh gods, I am a mediocre ecchi anime...)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:17:55 PM by MahluaandMilk »

Offline Last

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 11:55:35 PM »
And admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

It's as you say though. It's filler alright. And not to bemoan it, but it does feel like it's just reafirming information we already know. You get retrospective pretty often, so it doesn't feel much like a reveal of your character as maybe you intended it to be?

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Ms. Fanservice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 12:18:47 AM »
Yeah. I was real hesitant to post it. It's not great. But I will recover.

Offline rubixmaestro

• Grand Supremer of The Voyeur Corps
  • Global Moderator
  • Mellorine ~ !
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »
All I know is that I like mazes.

Nora chan is reminding me of the first time I played an eroge that is Tsukihime. Ah, the shame, but the beauty of the moment. Maids are so much waifu material it's not even funny.

By the by I always figured Mahlua to be a super affirmative type without a need for a break. Actually Bayonetta always comes to mind (and Soi Fon a little) When I think of Mahlua so I don't expect a lot of introspectiveness. But I'm happy to be proved wrong. Being vulnerable is only human. Haruhi knows everyone is.

Also cyclic gardens ftw!
real life has sexy graphics