If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Best Girl in Ecchi Anime/Manga  (Read 1710 times)

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
The Best Girl in Ecchi Anime/Manga
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »
So what is a "Best Girl"?
Urban Dictionary states - A 'best girl' is a female character in an anime or video game series that is subjectively chosen to be the 'best.' The term 'best girl' is used by fans to express their opinion on their favorite character being superior to others based on individual traits they may possess, as well as their abilities.

The definition leads to a very subjective debate which makes the actual selection moot.

What lies underneath however, is that the author will create a diverse selection of women that represent the ideal woman. Each show has one to three. The others will just be fringe selections for the weirdos among the weirdos.

The rule among story telling is that Best Girl (BG) will end up with the protagonist. When this deviates from the norm, you will get crazy fan wars. Justly or just the stubbornity of the fandom.

Since the definition of the BG is so diverse, i will add my subjective criteria.
1. Has to be nice, if only with the MC.
2. Has to be attractive.
3. Most likely than not, is boring compared to other characters.
4. Does not have to be essential to the plot.
5. Repeats MC name often.
6. Is not confused with the cool girl.

Since i believe in psychoanalytic theory within literature, i believe that the best girl represents what the author prefers in a woman. I have not read any detailed analysis within the manga community so eventually, this field will be ripe with valuable consumption among the fandoms. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:35:21 AM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Best Girl in Ecchi Anime/Manga
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:40:23 PM »
What lies underneath however, is that the author will create a diverse selection of women that represent the ideal woman. Each show has one to three. The others will just be fringe selections for the weirdos among the weirdos.

I just came here to be attacked and I am having a good time.

I feel more like the point of the "best girl(tm)" is to just be there to be the MC's f8cktoy, blatantly. Her primary quality is her lack of qualities, which renders her more on par with a dakimakura. What makes her ideal is that she is unoffensive, because she cannot have any qualities that could be against MC's (viewer's self-insert's) taste.
But, of course, that's just my analysis.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
Re: The Best Girl in Ecchi Anime/Manga
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 03:25:14 AM »
I just want to point out what happens when the MC doesn't get the Best Girl. I wll reference Prison School. It is debatable, but the two best girls are Chio and Hana. The entire series is based on the MC trying to make Chio his Girlfirend but the other girls just mess everything up. That is the point of the Underground Student Council, so gender mixing in any form.

But the ending of the show. Jesus Christ.

#SPOILER ALERT.
So there was massive build up. CHio even said yes. She was going to be his girlfriend. But HANA ****ed everything up. What makes this worse, Chio, the best girl, transformed into 'cun-t" girl. A nice girl who is so forgiving and nice, she even said she won't say no to the idea of possibly doing watersports if the MC requests it. Hana was saying he was into it in order to freak her out. She was in love with the MC but she went psycho. Hana finally foiled their relationship when she revealed he was wearing her underwear (long story). Apparently that breaks Chio soul.

277 chapters for this twist. I honestly did not see it happen.

I don't like when the MC doesn't get the best girl.