If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How An Author Promotes Ecchiness in non ecchi story  (Read 1985 times)

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
How An Author Promotes Ecchiness in non ecchi story
« on: December 22, 2017, 12:36:47 AM »
If you guys have been keeping up with Boruto, you have heard of the sexualization of the female cast. Keep in mind the characters are like 12-13.

The show is for teens, so the author gives the audience some bonus material. Here is the recent cover.

I was thinking of doing this in my Stories, but more like how ODa does it, with a cover story.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How An Author Promotes Ecchiness in non ecchi story
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 12:41:32 AM »
I haven't been keeping up with Boruto, admittedly. I feel off the Naurto bandwagon somewhere in the rasengan arc, so I'm more than just a little behind. Maybe someday I'll catch up...maybe.

But, more to the point, I feel that any story can include a moment or two of ecchi humor or tropes. As for promoting it, that'd be a little bit more difficult to tackle. Kishimoto seems to have done a decent job there at least (although personally the focus on minors is a little off-putting for my tastes). Ecchi-themed works can probably get away with making an appearance in official artbooks and the like as well, or at least I'd assume as much, even if the series itself isn't all that ecchi.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline TinTin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 12:42:59 AM »
I watched about half dozen episodes of  Boruto but don't remember that blue haired girl. so it's just images like these or does the Anime contain any sexual stuff ?

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 12:50:24 AM »
Kishimoto doesn’t draw the Boruto series, he just supervises I believe. It’s Ikemoto now who draws. The anime and manga don’t do anything sexual. However, the fans complain that the clothes designs leave little to the imagination.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 01:00:36 AM »
I guess that could be a downside to trying to slide a little ecchi in. There are always the people who'll complain about it, amirite?

Offline TinTin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 01:00:53 AM »
I don't know what they complained about. Do they want girls to wear those full Ninja kits form head to toe ? I think those 2 guys have done a good job with characters.

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 01:04:59 AM »
in this example, i believe highlights the weird mindset the viewers have which echo what we see in our society. They are okay with these girls killing, fighting, blowing things up, but they can't stand the sight of upper thighs. blood is cool, but nipples aren't.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 01:07:04 AM »
I mean for a twelve to thirteen year old, I'd say that's a little much, but I mean it's not really the fault of the kids so much as the fault of the viewer for sexualizing them in the first place, as they say. At least they aren't wearing like, BDSM breast restraints or something. I might not be able to have a conversation about it if it were like that simply because my no-children policy. Nuh uh. Nope. Not touchin that legal issue. Not even gonna look at it too hard.