If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Best Harem Series  (Read 1812 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Best Harem Series
« on: December 22, 2017, 12:17:49 AM »
List any and all of your favorite ecchi series from the harem genre from anime, manga, video games, light novels--any ecchi platform available.

For me, my first harem was Sister Princess. Kind of a weird one, but it was all good lighthearted fun. More slice of life than anything. As the name suggests, the main trope pulled on here is the "sister with a brother complex"--and there are a lot of sisters this poor guy has with this. Some openly flirt with him, while the younger ones just like spending time with their handyman--erm, I mean big brother.

After that, I got into Rosario+Vampire, immediately followed by Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao (English title: Demon King Daimao). Both of these were pretty good, although I vastly prefer and recommend the RosaVam manga over the anime, simply because there is more story and content. They're both supernatural harems, with RosaVam's main premise being that a human boy somehow makes it into a school for monsters (despite humans not being allowed by the rules), and Daimao's main focus is a guy who applies to a magic school to become a priest...and things don't quite work out that way.

It's been a long while since I've seen a good harem, and the only other honorable mention I can think of at the moment is Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai Yo Ne! (or OniAi for short). This one is kinda like Sister Princess in that there is some basis in a sister with a brocon trope, but thankfully that's only one character. The cast was pretty balanced, even of the plot was a little...missing.

So, that's about it from me. What about you guys? Suggestions, nominations, a pie to my face?
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
Re: Best Harem Series
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 04:59:44 AM »
Thought I would share my reviews
(Spoilers because of justifications, you have been warned)
Also turned into a harem and ecchi rant half way through

Rosario+Vampire was a good watch, and a good read. It leant quite heavily toward shonen though toward the end if I remember, so a nicely mixed story. A great premise and that bus driver knew EVERYTHING from the start, I'm sure of it.

I think one that always stood out for me was Campione, because the girls all (sort of) accept each other as main/side and the MC is ok with it all (but it was really long ago I don't really remember). But the main ecchi driving force was the kisssing to supply magic or some sort of stupid like that, which I think is stupid. At least they justified it unlike most others, so it was bearable.

Although not quite harem, or maybe it is, was Kami no mizo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows). Since each girl's memory is reset (at least for the first arc(s)), it sort of doesn't feel like a harem, but its basically a dating sim in real life, done by a pro who isnt really into real girls. So rather than being a useless MC he actually had some skill :P the girls also were not carbon copies and had actual personalities, which interestingly makes it hard for the MC because he is only used to 2D (so possibly a self reference by the writer that "my girls are real/interesting" and not like those dating sim ones. Albeit the slightly bizarre premise (that is, that love will will their hearts, which actually was Elsa's idea and not all the demons), it was a good story and had good character development.

Another half mention is Amagami SS (getting more and more off topic), again each girl is in another alternate timeline(?), but again very real characters, and not a wimpy MC. Also since in each story the couple actually get together, its a lot more

One I hated very much was Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero). What it took was what could have been a relatively normal relationship and just threw annoying girls into the way. The plot would have been a lot better if not for the rest of the girls, as well as the main girl who was a carbon copy of the same tsundere girl that the same voice actor plays (from Toradora, Shana, and at least one more, I think)

Looking on ANIDB, theres a lot of shows that I wouldnt have called harem popping up. Maybe my definition is a bit stricter....

Being one of my favourite shows anyway, Hayate no Gotoku needs a mention. The manga went a lot more serious where the anime stopped so I prefer the anime, but Hayate was actually a good MC and the girls again had their own personalities. I think with a longer running show you can afford to do that easier because you can develop more characters in detail, perhaps some shows which were "bad" would have been good if they had the space to develop.

Trinity Seven, one of my favourites, where the MC is already harem mindset from the get go, but in a jokey half-serious way. His openness about it was very refreshing (especially the wake up with naked girl in bed scene, which was the only time it has ever been handled without a punch from the next girl)(followed by the naked girl in bath scene, also magnificently handled different to every other story ever), as well as half the girls also acknowledging it was a harem at some point.

Nisekoi is also really interesting premise because of the key and lock business, but I've only seen the anime. Although I didn't like the new girl (Marie?) when she arrived, it was a good impact on the story and moved things forward. I also love the art style slightly more than others, and I think the manga is beautifully drawn what I have read. The MC is a tad clueless if i remember correctly, but just about manages to pull through when it counts.

Currently watching Strike the Blood, but hating it quite badly. I think its a pretty good example of how to copy and paste harem and ecchi tropes. Also I'm not sure where this sucking blood=sexual idea comes from, or why its popular (well ecchi, thats why) (Tsubasa Chronicle handled it completely non-ecchi as a comparison). Last time I had my blood taken out of me (medically of course) I felt sick and ill and wanted to lie down and cry. I feel quite sorry for the MC who is just trying to avoid everything and live normally but gets pulled into it, and how the girls seem more pervy than he does, but he always gets the blame for it, sometimes justifiably, but its still not his fault :P
エッチワールドのいいとこは日本語を入力できること。
My Art

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »
Thanks for the running list! There are so many out there that I never really know which ones are worth my time. I'll look into some of your recommendations when I have the chance.

Offline TinTin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 12:29:30 AM »
It seems almost all ecchi Anime have some sort of Harem!

01. To Love Ru - Boy! these alien chicks are super cute! Every one of them!

02. KissxSis - Again a school series lots of chicks including homeroom teacher and his twin step sisters go crazy of this guy. In Last chapter it turned into a Ecchi to near mature. Anyway this one has seriously hot bunch of girls.

03. High School DxD - Not many chicks like in above 2 Anime but several nice girls. We can safely say this is a Harem Anime.

04. Sekirei - This is another Action / Ecchi / Harem Anime. very nice one.

05. Highschool of the Dead - I haven't watched this one but characters look great. Heard it's an Harem Anime too.

06. Demon king Daimao - Another Ecchi Harem which I thought worth mentioning.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 10:37:36 PM »
Man, I loved HOTD when it came out. I jumped on that train super hard.
I also finally watched the first season of Highschool DxD. I was not disappointed. Part of me really wants to cosplay Rias, but I have B cups, so LUL.
I guess I should totally check out all the other ones too. I've seen those names around a lot, but just never had the chance to watch them. Better now than never.

Offline TinTin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:33:09 AM »
This thread is not live enough. We need pictures !!!!  :lamp:

To Love Ru -
Spoiler

Monster Musume -
Spoiler

Hybrid × Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia -
Spoiler

Sekirei -
Spoiler

Infinite Stratos 2 -
Spoiler

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
Oh boy, Infinite Stratos...I still try to block that one out of my memory. It's not so much that it was bad...it was just kinda bland. What I do remember was my  t h i r s t  for all the queerbaiting scenes of Chifuyu and Maya. I ship it so hard man. Chifuyu can be my nee-sama any day I mean what?

Offline Cup-a-soup

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 11:32:09 AM »
Watching Dog Days Season 3 and it is simply the most sensible harem anime ever. Almost every ecchi trope gets used but in a more sensible way, like accidental breast grab - the MC says something like "sorry it was an accident" and the girl is like "ok I know so I wont be angry (but I'll just be slightly embarrassed)". seriously the most reasonable harem cast in the world, who almost all are open about their love for the MC. It's all very innocent if you can call it that, and there's not a shred of negativity in the whole show hardly. very easy on the nerves. I feel like I'm watching a bunch of friends on a perpetual holiday.
エッチワールドのいいとこは日本語を入力できること。
My Art

Offline TinTin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 12:51:12 AM »
Did I mention Cross Ange Tenshi To Ryuu No Rondo Anime ? I think this one pass as harem too. It has so many sexy chicks and one guy if I remember correctly. Some Yuri stuff too. And lots of Ecchi moments.