If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Mahlua Plots (Dun Dun DUUUN)  (Read 4765 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mahlua Plots (Dun Dun DUUUN)
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:12:04 AM »
Not sure where to put this, but I figure that the Break Room is a good catch-all. General Ecchi Discussion seemed out of place, and the actual story section doesn't quite work.

Anyway, the point here is that I wanted a thread to keep my idea dump and get feedback on those ideas separate from the chit-chat topics because, y'know, why the hell not? We're not exactly buzzing with activity enough for this to get swept away by the sands of time yet. Hopefully one day that'll be proven wrong, but I digress.

So, this idea dump. We all know I have a dirty mind like some of the blackest pitch. I do like writing smut, although I haven't done so in ages. I'm not so great at writing ecchi because I love to be so into it that things fly off the handle. It's a wonder, though, that I don't write more ecchi. Last thing I wrote was this past semester, and I'm not talking about Genderbending Conundrums over on MR. Between classes, I had about ten minutes, and I got bored, so I started writing a self-insert (i.e. first person pronouns and all) slashfic that was steamy from the first line. A poor friend of mine asked what I was working on once, so I turned the notebook around for him to read. Poor, poor boy. He turned it back around to me and said "Nnnuuuuuuuuuup! I am too gay for that amount of titty, honey." Sadly, I never finished that fic.

Anyway, I want to know what you guys want to see written around here. Maybe I can dust off the old pen, the old keyboard, and get some stuff up.

Things I can write with fair confidence:
>BDSM/power dynamics (although I may have trouble writing for men)
>Femslash (that's lesbians for those of you who haven't caught up with the internet yet)
>Kink-specific scenes (I wrote a watersports thing once back in the day...)
>Vampires, werewolves, and some general monster types
>Smut (that's lemon, if you're oldweb, or hentai if you're just a weeb)

Things I'm not great at writing:
>Men (I really need to work on that. I feel like male characters fall flat when I write them.)
>Long works (I prefer short stories, unless I'm really into it, like MRverse)
>True ecchi, ironically (as I said, I like getting down to business, so I have a hard time keeping things pure)

Things I WON'T write:
>Loli/shota or otherwise works that sexualize minors, which may mean that I age characters up
>Vomit/Scat and some other extreme kinks, because if I can't feel the appeal in some way, or at least understand it, then I have way too hard a time trying to write it
>Noncon (or, in layman's terms, rape, and I extend this to sexual assault even if clothes are on and/or genitals aren't the target)

That said, you guys can ask me if I can write in certain universes because trying to list them would be entirely too difficult, or you guys can volunteer an idea. Heck, I'm fine writing an origin story for EcchiWorld itself like some guy called Coryn who totally isn't on this site (cough cough) did for Manga Raiders, our sister site. (I kinda have wanted to write femslash with the twins anyway.) I also open this to suggestions or advice for things I have trouble with.

And so begins my thread of plotting developments and the gay agenda.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline Maniac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mahlua Plots (Dun Dun DUUUN)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 10:09:13 AM »
If im gonna write then will be Ecchi / harem stories. I know its usual standard ecchi thing but it sells and we all guys love it.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »
I could probably write a harem story. I've seen quite a few. Hell, my icon is from Rosario f8ckmothering Vampire. Come to think of it, I wonder if there's a demand out there for a yuri harem, because I know of general male-lead female harem traditionally, and reverse harem like OHSHC and La Corda d'Oro, and I'd imagine the fujoshi and fundashi community do their usual goat thing and would eat anything thrown at them...

Anyway, I think a good chunk of the reason why I have a hard time working on ecchi stories in writing is that it's easier to convey in a visual media. If I ever build up the motivation to actually stick with doing a comic run, there's a fair chance that there will be ecchi scenes. That's just part of who I am.

Offline Kakashi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pen Tablets
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:11:38 PM »
Comedy + Harem genre is my favorite and one I would be doing if I write something. It's funny in almost all Japanese Harem Manga usually Male is the weak one and girls are stronger.

What I can't write is about those violent stuff and tragic stuff.

@MahluaandMilk ; There are plenty of Yuri Harem Manga few good examples are Yuricam - Yurika no Campus Life, Gokujo - Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari etc

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:41:30 PM »
Strange that I haven't stumbled upon those. I guess I'll check them out eventually.

I can't write tragic stuff after something that happened in a roleplay thread I was really, really emotionally invested in. Kinda stupid maybe, but I was roleplaying as the lovely witch that is my icon, and my partner was by far one of the best roleplay partners I've ever had, and he did a phenomenal Gin. It was so sweet and there was so much chemistry with the characters and it was almost like writing a novel together, and then just, augh, a plot twist came up and absolutely broke me. By this point the characters were engaged and Ruby had to undergo werewolf trials, which were already difficult enough to get through because it involved facing her fears, which meant killing something of a doppelganger of the man she loved. But then, as Gin was studying as a higher witch's apprentice, the other apprentice worked some terrible shit and he forgot all about Ruby and had false memories of loving and being engaged to that other apprentice, so to reverse it, I, as the roleplayer, had to make a really, really tough call, and I just couldn't do it. Like, I broke as if I were the one in the situation. Granted that was years ago. I've done countless RPs since, but it has just never been the same. Best part was that Austin was super understanding about it and we broke off that thread and rebooted to a different route.

I feel like that's a super embarrassing confession that I don't make to people because it seems so trivial. Once or twice, because to hell if I remember my username and password to that old account (and I don't even know if he's still at the game), I've thought about starting from that point and just finishing out that arc myself in writing. My thought process is that maybe if I face it, I can separate from it, finally. Never done it though, because even now, just thinking about it makes me cold sweat a little.

I guess I'll explain my choices. Either I had to just live with the fact that my husband had been stolen from me via magic, or I would go to find the wise dragon that administered my werewolf tribe test and ask him for help, which would mean bearing him children.

See? It's so stupid, when you think about it. Like I said, I was just so emotionally invested. There's a reason she's my icon. Our birthdays are only, what, two days apart? And to boot, she's the BDSM trope character in the harem whose masochism saves the day at least once. She also served under someone in a way that led to some toxic emotional issues (as she even says one of her first attempts at summoning magic was so she could have a friend). Ruby means so much to me, and I'm not sure if that came before or after that roleplay, and it doesn't matter. She's my number one.

Ironic note here that my name that I now officially go by in the university actually started as a f8cking Homestuck joke (kind of why I censor with the number 8 ). I roleplayed as Aranea so long and so well that my friends started calling me that, and somehow it shortened to my new name, which I'll withhold for personal reasons. Saying that it's a derivative of Aranea is close enough.

Since I'm already posting another textwall, I might as well add here that I honestly believe that paragraph style roleplay is an extremely effective writing exercise. I promote it as much as I promote fanfiction. Hell, I'd be lying if I said part of the reason I got into drag wasn't because I wanted to better understand how men work (yes, surprise, I've performed as a drag king. I have pictures on MR). I already have cosplayed men, too, of course, as can easily be seen in my hiatused YouTube show. In fact, I've been wanting to get into crossplay for a while as well. I have the build for it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:44:00 AM by MahluaandMilk »

Offline TinTin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 12:06:26 AM »
Aw do you have a Youtube Channel ? Would you mind posting the url ? haha

Well I'm mostly into Supernatural / Ecchi writing. I liked the freedom we get in these genre to do something different from reality. I mean Long time a go wrote this story called The Horny Mermaid Su. I love the idea of mixing everything with fantasy doing something out of box. But sadly I have lost my writing skills. It's just not in me anymore.

Oh I have never done or wouldn't do yaoi stories. I just can't. xD

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 12:44:55 AM »
I've done a couple of yaoi roleplays, and I get the general gist of how it works. I also don't care much for the genre, but I mean, if requested, I could probably write a scene.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 02:53:28 AM »
Ugh, I've been trying to think through this yuri scene that I want to write, but it's really rattling my brain. I want to write a little bit from both characters' POV at different points in the story, but I'm having a really hard time with one of them.

Here's the low-down:
Character A has a thing for character B. They've been friends since childhood, and B has absolutely no idea about it and has never thought of A as a romantic interest. At some point, A's feelings get "too hot", as it were, and after a big, happy moment in their friendship, she slips up and kisses B.

Here's my problem: I want B to not immediately go all fluffy like "oh, I like you too!" There has to be some moment of shock, some level of WTF to her. The way I initially thought about addressing this is to have her feel interested in the fact that her friend is so interested in her. Thinking down the road, however, this makes B very sadistic, as she strings along A for the amusement. There are ways to level this out due to an intervention from another character, but that will get very messy and emotional very quickly.

So, the other option is to have B respond more like "Oh, uh...Hold on. I need to think about how my life just got weird for a few days." But, then my problem is that I'm not sure how to write her for those next few days, as it feels kind of stiff and forced to me.

Any suggestions? Should I just go for the toxic route? Should I try to keep it nice?

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 03:17:53 AM »
@mahluaandmilk   Do you not feel embarrassment?

I missed the little fact if she is a lesbian and didn't know her female friend was interested, like when a girl is in love with her guy friend but the guy only sees her as a "sister." Or if she is straight and this whole thing is a "WTF" for her. 

I guess it depends on where in the spectrum she falls in, but lets say she is Middle America, you are either straight or gay. 

A few things she can do to avoid Character A:
1. not talking to her.
2. avoid being in the same room with her.
3. Not looking her in the eye.
4. Not showing up to a "date" that was planned before the incident.
5. She starts talking more to her other friends.

The stringing along plot sounds like what Youtube MGTOWS say girls do to their beta males.  :o I guess the world is not so different after all.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »
Yeah, last night I thought about everything before going to bed, because for some reason being half asleep is conducive to brainstorming, and I settled on that number five is probably where the actual meat of the plot is going to take this.

When I was talking with another writer about this, she expressed concern that the quickest and easiest solution for my brain was something so toxic. She was afraid that it was because of my own terrible toxic relationship has left such a mark on me, that somehow a slightly more sociopathic character would be easier for me to write as opposed to an arguably more healthy and "normal" character. When she said that, I took it as a challenge to try to avoid that kind of character for this work, when I get around to it.

As for where in the spectrum I was planning on putting character B, I was thinking "mostly straight but very confused bi-curious." She honestly hadn't thought about her sexuality before and now it's thrown into question (all the more reason why she needs some time to herself to figure out WTF is going on).

But, if I may...what exactly would I be feeling embarrassed about?

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 04:51:33 PM »
As in you wouldn't know where to start with a character who is just went through  something embarrassing / social awkwardness / life changing experience

I go through these on a daily basis. Yesterday I looked like a jackass when I found out that a chicken sandwich that I paid 7 dollars was literally just bread and chicken. I complained and looked sooo stupid. I'm never going back to that restaurant  :P or for a more relatable but just as relevant action of asking a someone out and never given an answer until you look stupid. Remember Miss Churro and her experience asking a guy out? She went through all of this without the lesbian part. 

Basically, what I am saying is how is it hard to write a vulnerable character and the character who made the other vulnerable.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
If that's the case, then the simple answer is "I don't feel embarrassment the same way normal people do." I have a hard time understanding what emotions are for normal people. I barely know how to understand my emotions. Problems of being on the spectrum...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »
Ba-dump. I'm alive still, and there's been an idea in my head for quite a while that I've never really gotten around to developing really. I feel like I've posted about it here before, but I dunno. I feel like writing a bit on it now after a revelation I had this morning because reasons.

The basic premise is a world where all forms of sexual deviancy have been outlawed. Homosexuality, promiscuity, fetishes and kinks of all sorts--federal charges. Of course you'd probably have some regional variation on "softcore" things like romance novels and lingerie, but that's beside the point.

I wanted a main character who suppresses sexual deviance in some form or fashion, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't instead write a criminal--a prostitute of a sort. I feel like they could seduce a cop who tried to investigate solo and turn the system on its head for a while.

Still not entirely sure where to take it from there, especially since this is on the far backburner between school, MR stories, and then my fanfic Ginger and Bergamot, which I'll probably wind up finishing and then revising with extreme scrutiny, and guh.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, critiques, smart remarks?

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 03:37:28 PM »
I like it! I'm imagining this as a kind of satire that scrutinizes how much people alienate each other over their sexual preferences. I don't have much to add other than to suggest checking out a show called Shimoneta, it's more or less a similar premise but it targets the oddly specific and strict morality policing that happens in Japan.

If you're looking to spin this in a more serious angle, I can see that working pretty well too. I think if you were to take this approach though, I think themeing and subtlety will take the forefront when it comes to writing a compelling story out of this premise. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »
Yeah. I had this idea long before I watched Shimoneta, and maybe that inspired me a little more, along with Psycho Pass and Ergo Proxy. I'm all about the idea of a cyberpunk dystopia. I feel like I could take it on the more serious side, but the toughest part at the moment is transferring everything that's in my head to a rough outline.

I was thinking, if the prostitute character does seduce a cop, I want there be some way of medical science tracing to show that an aphrodisiac was used so that the cop can get off the hook, but the prostitute does that on purpose, because "Once you go black, you don't come back". The rest of the story could then switch main characters to the cop as they try to deal with their newfound urges and memories, and they have to take "pheromone regulators" to deal with the "trauma".

As you can see, though, the whole idea takes some development as far as what the science of the setting is and how societal beliefs create that bias. Ho hum...realism...