If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 125 'X'  (Read 1758 times)

Offline rubixmaestro

• Grand Supremer of The Voyeur Corps
  • Global Moderator
  • Mellorine ~ !
    • View Profile
Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 125 'X'
« on: May 20, 2017, 05:00:38 AM »
A short rapid-fire review of my thoughts a few minutes after reading this chapter of Tokyo Ghoul. Spoilers, naturally so click away and read it before you even get to this please. I'd love to hear your thoughts.  NSFW obviously.

So that happened. No, in the spirit of this chapter I'll be direct - Kaneki and Touka had sex.

I read this with my door open because I couldn't be bothered to click away, another thing that fits with why I feel this chapter was so epic. Other than the bow-chika-wow-wow sounds my mind was making.

With this, the whiny protagonist who levelled up and likes THAT girl got what he wanted. This is actually something I expected from Gantz that set out to be a seinen from the start and never hid from such stuff. Tokyo Ghoul? I wasn't sure at the time.

There's this odd thing where violence is ok-ish and PG 13, while anything to do with sex? Hide it under the covers! Do it off camera! No no NO! It isn't natural! The protagonist has enough will power to murder a human being, but can't even go after his love interest in a real manner.

Ishida blew this away with one explicit chapter, and I'm happy for this. I had given up on such a scene to be honest, but nope.

I'll take this opportunity to take a knock at a lot of other shounen and stuff that straddle the boundaries like Attack on Titan - What's the logic in having heroes and people who deal with dark issues and problems and violence and death - being unable to seek comfort in their loved ones? It's so sad that full on-the-mouth kissing seems to be taboo, and you wonder why ecchi fantasies get so insane? There's a huge pressure-cooker of unreleased energy when magaka do this sort of thing, and it drives people insane methinks.

I'm so glad about this chapter. I wish I could take a peek at how Japanese are reacting to this sort of thing, because I can feel the waves from here.

Heck I'll be championing this scene for a long time. I was impressed at the Bakemonogatari Toothbrush scene for being the most ecchi with the most innocent of things, but now I'll champion Tokyo Ghoul for having the balls to show it as it is.

And no, I don't think this counts as hentai, because while it was hot as hell, it wasn't in that sort of objectifying why that H does it - no complaints when that happens, but you can tell it's different.

Damn, this chapter. Just wow.
real life has sexy graphics

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
Re: Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 125 'X'
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:59:22 AM »
Sorry bro, I don't follow this manga.

I read the chapter and the comments. The fandom don't really like the girl. I'll paraphrase a comment.
   -at least she is finally being useful to the plot. She is now the cum bucket for him. Now the real plot can finally get going.

Offline rubixmaestro

• Grand Supremer of The Voyeur Corps
  • Global Moderator
  • Mellorine ~ !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »
Damn, that is harsh! How dare they! My poor ships... Always hated...
real life has sexy graphics

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 12:27:10 AM »
I forgot to put

"[MC name] has gotten laid more times than 90% of the fandom here."

Why do people keep thinking manga fans are losers?