If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Computer crash stories  (Read 2845 times)

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
Computer crash stories
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:52:51 AM »
Well I just wasted like 4 hours of my life.

I was working on an illustration on manga studio to post in my gallery. I double clicked something, program started to stall, then the program crashed. I was so pissed!!!! Hopefully the second go will faster...

Btw, my computer is like 10 years old but always been upgraded and stuff. I really need a new one though if I want to use good programs. I can't even screen record because the popular programs say my graphics card is too old  :'(

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Computer crash stories
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 04:25:40 PM »
Ugh, man, I know that feeling. Both my laptop and my desktop are about ten years old and Skype almost crashes them all the time, and it sometimes takes a hard reset to fix. On my desktop, I think the record for number I've had to force quit Skype and reopen it is 17 times. It doesn't help that neither one of my computers have that much memory or processing power, and my friends all keep telling me to upgrade, but tuition, food, and clothes that actually accentuate my style that aren't just things my mom bought me in middle school that I still can wear kind of take priority. Especially since I'm trying to start looking for a place to rent with some friends and the lowest we've seen per person would be about $300 a month, so I have to start saving up.

Technology is frustrating and expensive.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.

Offline rubixmaestro

• Grand Supremer of The Voyeur Corps
  • Global Moderator
  • Mellorine ~ !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
It's funny how I've survived so far on the philosophy that - This computer of mine is a technological marvel. These used to take up entire rooms and make the noise of a large factory, but no, no, I want my hours of life back and I don't want you to crash when I'm finally in the flow of writing.

It's seriously amazing how my computer never glitches or crashes when I'm procrastinating and wasting time. But when I'm on something important it's bye bye baby.

Always. Always backup.
real life has sexy graphics

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »
Best advice ever spoken, honestly.

But yeah I suppose it's because when you're slacking off and not doing anything, you're kinda not using a lot of the computer's processing power or memory, and therefore it's less likely to crash, but when you have a lot of things open or when you're working with a heavy program (like Skype in conjunction with internet and a word processor) you set yourself up for a bad time.

Offline rubixmaestro

• Grand Supremer of The Voyeur Corps
  • Global Moderator
  • Mellorine ~ !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »
Haha yeah. I think it's good in the end to also backup stuff since you'll automatically note what you think should be saved and what should be left to dissapear.
real life has sexy graphics

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:47 PM »
I usually have my computer on most of the time, so when I have a word document open, I save after every "scene" of writing, however long that is, and if I go back and edit a completed scene, I automatically save. Then again, I'm macro-savvy and love my good ol' ctrl+S. You could say that ctrl+S and I have a healthy ongoing relationship. It's really nice.

Offline Kakashi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pen Tablets
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:35:52 PM »
Once I made a mind blowing trance track on software I found online. It was too good that I couldn't believe I made it also took a whole bloody day to make this 4 minute track. When try to save it I found it's a Demo version and you can't save what you created. That has ended my music career ..

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 11:02:50 PM »
Sounds like me with Garageband sometimes, although I don't really write music so much as use preset loops, which most musicians would scoff at the idea of calling "music".

Offline Kakashi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pen Tablets
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 01:05:08 AM »
Well this is the digital age so anyone can do anything without becoming a Guru. There are so many guys running Youtube channels who just creates music from simple tools. They do earn a lot and have bigger fan bases than those musicians who think they are like Beethoven.

Anyway in my case that's the first and last time I did anything like. I'm not really into those. For me music is whatever those sounds and voices which makes me feel good and relax. So even sound of rain is music to me.  :)))