If you are unable to Join or receive activation mail then leave a msg at our Facebook Page Link or use Contact US page on main site Link.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Desu Desu  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Taikichi

• View Profile
Desu Desu
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:36:45 PM »
Figure Figure Figure

Last semester's final project

(From this semester)
Contour

I struggled with this awkward pose so I redrew her a lot

Offline It’s still me

• View Profile
    • ForlornSerpent
    • Email
Re: Desu Desu
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »
Pretty cool stuff. What did you use? I’m not familiar with how this is usually done. I hear charcoal being used sometimes???

Offline Last

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:33:27 PM »
This reminds me of the story behind this one renesaince sculpture of a nude woman.

I forget the name, but she was something of a noble woman, and was renown for her beauty, as well as her progressive personality. So she had this nude sculpture of her commissioned, which she posed for of course. Later when displaying it to guests, she would be often be asked how she could do such a thing. (The connotations being obvious), but she would answer. "Oh it wasn't really that bad. There was a heater in the room."

After her death, I believe the Vatican hid the statue away for a couple of centuries. Too indecent after all.

Offline Taikichi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »
How lucky every single model this year has been female. What are the odds.

But I used just vine charcoal or pens of various sizes.

~I'm surprised the Vatican didn't just put a leaf on it.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Fanservice with Legs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »
Ah, yeah. Vine charcoal is interesting to work with, but I've always had trouble with values, so not exactly my strong suit. Respect to you, going out and taking formal classes. I'm mostly butchering my basics and shite by swooping around the 'net picking up this or that from here or there.
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."--Marquis de Sade
But yes hello I am the freakier freak than you.